HS2 has released the shortlist of suppliers it will invite to tender for design and environmental assessment services contracts for Phase 2 of the high-speed railway.
The shortlist (see below) has been published in expectation of an announcement on Phase Two this autumn. A separate contract will be let for a supplier to support HS2 in the preparation of the hybrid bill for the second stage of the route.
Phase 2 includes the lines north of Birmingham to Manchester, via Crewe, and Leeds, via Sheffield and the East Midlands.
– Bechtel Limited
– CH2M Hill United Kingdom
– Joint Venture: Mace Limited with Turner & Townsend Project Management
Civils Design and Environmental Services
– Joint Venture: AECOM Limited with Capita Property and Infrastructure Limited, and Ingenieria y Economia del Transporte, SA (INECO)
– Ove Arup and Partners International Ltd
– Joint Venture: Atkins Limited and Arcadis Consulting (UK) Limited
– Joint Venture: Mott MacDonald Limited with WSP (UK) Limited
HS2 Ltd chief executive Simon Kirby said: “Phase Two will significantly increase capacity, enhance connectivity and improve journeys for millions of people travelling between London, the Midlands and the major cities of the north.
“HS2 will be Britain’s largest infrastructure development, and has the potential to change the way the UK designs and builds projects of national significance.
“That’s why it’s so important that we get the right team on board to help us develop the design and environmental assessment that supports obtaining the hybrid Bill powers. This process needs to start now so that we are able to open all the way to Manchester and Leeds on time.”