The Government of Queensland, Australia, has announced the shortlisted consortia for constructing the state’s “highest priority infrastructure project”, Cross River Rail.
Expressions of interest have been evaluated for the two major works packages: the tunnel, stations and development (TSD) public-private partnership; and the rail, integration and systems (RIS) alliance.
For the TSD contract, the following consortia have been shortlisted:
- Pulse, comprised of: CIMIC Group, Pacific Partnerships, CPB Contractors, UGL, BAM, Ghella and DIF;
- Qonnect, comprised of: QIC, Capella Capital, Lendlease, John Holland and Bouygues;
- CentriQ Partnerships, comprised of: Plenary Group, ACCIONA, GS Engineering & Construction, Salini Impregilo and Spotless Group.
Meanwhile for the RIS deal, two alliances have been shortlisted:
- River City Alliance, comprised of: Laing O’Rourke Australia Construction, GHD, Aurecon Australasia, SYSTRA Scott Lister Australia;
- Unity Alliance, comprised of: CPB Contractors Limited, UGL Engineering, Jacobs Group (Australia), AECOM Australia.
Cross River Rail involves the construction of a 10.2km underground rail line through central Brisbane between Dutton Park and Bowen Hills. Four new underground stations will be built at Boggo Road, Woolloongabba, Albert Street, Roma Street as part of the project, creating 7,700 jobs during construction.
Crucially, the project will unlock a bottleneck at the core of the state’s transport network and increase its capacity.
Acting Premier Jackie Trad said: “Shortlisted companies will now be required to prepare detailed bids that demonstrate innovation and offer Queenslanders the highest possible value for money.
“Once the assessment process is complete, the consortia selected from these shortlists will be building this project.”
She added: “We are getting on with delivering this project and the calibre of the shortlist and the enthusiasm from the industry demonstrates how important Cross River Rail is to Queensland.
“We promised to build Cross River Rail and that is exactly what we are doing.”